Is your child eligible for Free School Meals?
You can check your child's eligibility for free school meals here
Please read further information below
If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child may be eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
To claim a free school meal you should ask your child’s school or nursery for an application form. You will need to complete the form and return it to the school/nursery, along with evidence to support your application.
If your application for Free School Meals is successful, The Oval Primary School will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning (Pupil Premium).
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals you can:
Apply online at www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm and follow the instructions
Snack Time, Lunch
Thank you to all parents for sending healthy drinks to school. Water and pure fruit juice for snack time and at lunchtime pupils can have water every day and milk, milkshake or fruit juice in addition on other days. Sugary drinks will be sent home. Thank you for your support.
Below are the links for you to see our current School Menu. Each lunch week is rotated every 4 weeks to offer the best variety and combinations to promote healthy eating here at The Oval Primary.
For more information please see our Food Guidance Policy